Monday, March 24, 2008

Fairy Garden Fountain

I found myself with a broken garden fountain on my hands. The pump was broken and a decorative statue that adorned the top of the statue was actually missing its head. The poor little garden boy was actually decapitated by a pesky squirrel! We thought about attempting to glue the fountain together and replacing the pump and then we decided to turn it into a magical miniature fairy container garden. Now it's a stand alone miniature fairy garden piece! What do you think?Miniature Fairy Garden Fountain ContainerSince we're using this in our entryway in full sunlight we knew live miniature plants wouldn't thrive in the direct sunlight so we opted for miniature faux flowers instead.

Miniature Fairy Garden Fountain Container Detail
Here's a close up of the bowl while we were creating it in the shade of our patio. We filled it with potting soil, miniature faux plants, a fairy garden arbor we added a trellis of faux greenery and then filled it with fun fairy garden miniatures.

I love the final results! I has me scrounging around for more broken fountains I can convert into fairy gardens. This was a smaller standing fountain, imagine what you could create with a full scale fountain! I guess one man's trash really is another's treasure because we transformed this broken garden fountain headed for the trash into an enchanted miniature fairy garden container. I'd love to hear your feedback and get inspired by your projects, drop me a comment or email.

Caren @ Enchanted Gardens

17 comments:

  1. I like your fountain garden! I've been trying to get around to making one like this for almost 3 years now-- this year will have to be it! I was going to include mini lites as well.
    I have two broken birdbaths that I will be using instead of the fountain. I am hoping I can hook up the lights and the fountain at the same time. I want to try one with faux and the other with live plants, such as thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caren, this is beautiful! I love how peaceful it looks - I will be sending you some pictures of what I've done with some of the beautiful items I've bought from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely adorable!! I just learned about fairy gardens and I want to add one to my daughter's garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love them soooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea.. i like your fountain garden so beautiful look amazing the angel so cute.. wind spinner

    ReplyDelete
  6. you could use real plants

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fountain makes a good focal point in any garden. It's got the perfect size and shape to fit in any corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is cute! i have seen beautiful stones collected from nature displayed by covering them in water in such a bowl. I wonder if water fairies would reside in such a setting with the arbor arising up out of the water?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so cute. I hope mine looks good but it will not look better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I'm in the process of making one in a fountain my neighbor was going to throw out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. I love it and I am going to try to make one something like this. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea I really love fairy garden fountains.
    They provide a feeling of being alife and i bet my fairies love them aswell, since they need water on a daily basis :D

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it I want one in the raise part of my flower bed I don't know how big the fairies are where do you get these

    ReplyDelete
  14. Recently I got 'embraced' by a fairy, and now feel joyful & enthusiastic about creating lovely miniature gardens in their image. This is a new gardening venture for me, and I need all the help I can get. I'd love to learn more about it from people who have been doing it and have learned how to do it well. I'm anxious to be 'a student' again and to learn by example. I'll be peeking in on the many blogs & entire websites dedicated to this pursuit. I'm looking forward to posting photos of my own creations one day to this new endeavor. Wish me luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi I'm Ailen from the Philippines and i was so inspired by your fairy garden, Currently I'm doing my 3rd and 4th garden.. just getting a hard time looking for a tiny flowering plants like yours.. Do you also have tutorials on how make those little chairs and tables?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meh I just lost my entire message. I was wondering whay brand your fairies are. I've just stepped into this world of fairies, tagging my daughters (2 and 1) along with me! Cant wait to start. We have our first few pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Alicia,

    The ones in this photo are the flower fairies by Cicely Mary Barker. Thanks for visiting the blog!

    ReplyDelete