Sunday, March 9, 2008

Miniature Outhouse

Miniature OuthouseI just had to share the newest addition to our website, a miniature outhouse! I don't know why, but we've been wanting to add an outhouse to our miniature gardens for a long time. Now we finally have a miniature wooden outhouse and we couldn't help photograph it with a fairy inside. We also have a miniature cat roaming outside ready to scratch away on the building.

I have to admit it's definitely bizarre but it sure does make everyone laugh when they see this miniature scene on the outskirts of our rock fairy garden. I think the naturally mischievous and playful fairies appreciate the joke. A fairy garden is a playful place and I think our new miniature outhouse fits right in.

I now face a dilemma in adding this comical miniature outhouse to our website. What category does this belong to? It doesn't exactly fit into any of our established categories as I don't think people are expecting a miniature outhouse when they search for miniature fairy garden accessories?

What do you think, have I gone too far? Do you have any funny additions to your miniature fairy gardens? I'd love to hear about them! I noticed an alien crash landing garden sculpture in quite a few catalogs and I'm seriously thinking about adding it somewhere in our miniature gardens. We don't have anything remotely alien but the little ufo might have to crash into one of our fairy gardens. Do you think the fairies and alien ornament would get along or would they launch a war on my fairy gardens?

Sometimes a moment of laughter can come from the most unexpected places!

Sincerely,

Caren @ Enchanted Gardens

2 comments:

  1. I live in the middle of "hick" country. I love the outhouse. I will be adding it to my list of things to order when we get our new place. I can't wait to get started on our fairy village.

    Good job! (believe it or not, there are still people out here in the sticks that strictly use an outhouse)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! It's definitely one of my favorites and I'm glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete