Saturday, March 14, 2009

Toad Inspired Miniature Container Garden


Hello everyone!

Spring is on the horizon and I can't wait to work on our miniature fairy gardens. It's a tricky time of year for delicate miniature gardening, the warm weather has you itching to start planting but Mother Nature always has a few late season freezes up her sleeve.

This Spring, we've been working on enchanted miniature container gardens that will allow us to shelter the miniature gardens if a sudden cold spell surprises us.

Here's the first of our container cards, a magical miniature toad inspired garden scene. After the weather warms, our garden is literally crawling with frogs and you can hardly hear anything above the lovely melody of croaking frogs.

For this magical miniature scene, we simply took an ordinary terracotta garden pot and filled with soil, miniature plants, our handcrafted toad house and a collection of magical miniatures. We just planted the miniature ground cover and it will quickly fill in and creep across the container trailing over the edge.

Click below to enlarge:

Miniature Toad Container Garden

7 comments:

  1. This is really lovely. I used to do something very similar when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the toad house? My granddaughter and I are making a miniature
    fairy garden and I love the house. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly,

    Thanks so much! This was one of the toad houses we made from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks so much for posting this original and unique article. I can't tell you how many times I've visited blogs
    from Google and they've got nothing on them but crappy ads and false information that's unereliable. I don't
    normally comment on blogs, but I just thought that i'd drop you a line and tell you that I think you're doing a fantastic job.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did you make the toad house

    ReplyDelete
  6. how did you make the toad house

    ReplyDelete
  7. how do you do this???? Very beautiful congrats.....

    ReplyDelete