Thursday, January 28, 2010

Surviving January


It's hard to believe January is at an end.... Time sure is flying by in this new year!

I'm happy to report the sun is finally shining again. After 7 days and 12 inches of rain (unusual for California weather) I was starting to tear my hair out. It's hard to focus on gardening with everything underwater but the rain does leave everything so beautiful. Even the grass is a blur of motion (picture above) as the water drains. I love how everything looks so fresh and new after the storms and the fresh mountain air is intoxicating today.

I hope everyone's fairy gardens weathered the wild winter storms. A good chunk of our miniature fairy gardens are underwater or washed out in the mudslides. We had a little fun in the rain and took a picture of our fairies preparing for the storm.

To all our fairy garden buddies in cyberspace, let me know how your gardens are doing.

The website updates are turning out far more complicated than I had anticipated so we're busy plugging away at coding all of our new features. Hope to see significant progress shortly on our new shop by scale feature.

We have so many new exciting products on the way I can't wait to share with you guys. They're so adorable I'm attempted to abandon all the work and go play. Hmmm, now that the sun is out maybe I can steal a few moments? Just don't tell the fairies!

3 comments:

  1. fairy-gardens.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love it if you would look at my faery house and let me know what you think. Yours are so beautiful!
    http://thegreengriffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete